Baklava everybody’s favorite. This is one of my recipies that has been known to start fights and has had to be locked away until people can behave themselves.
This can be a bit of a project but I’ve made it so many times now there are a few shortcuts I’ve picked up along the way. (Don’t butter every three layers you’ll be there for hours!! 5-10 depending on your preference works just as well.)
The hardest part is waiting for the honey syrup to soak in.
BaklavaGreek Dessert -
- 1 pound coarsely ground nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 T Sugar
- 5 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Stand Mixer
- Dough Hook
- Combine the Warm Water, Yeast and Sugar in a small bowl. Put in a warm place and let the yeast start eating the sugar. About 15 minutes until you see the yeast start to bubble. You can also really smell it too.
- Fit Mixer with a dough hook
This is one of my favorites and it so yummy with the honey and nuts the the calories are off the chart. This is a dish best made to share and ship. It makes a perfect gift for friends and family that are out of town.
Share this Post