This is one of the easiest dishes to make. Especially since it’s a slow cooker dish.
This dish is the epitome of comfort food. Well seasoned meat, veggies and that rich sauce will keep you reaching for the bread.
Rich and Hearty this meal will feed a group and still leave you with leftovers.
Pot Roast with Carrots and PotatoesThis yummy little dish can warm up a cold night -
- One 4-pound beef chuck roast
- all-purpose flour, for coating
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into 2″ pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 T garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 cups beef broth
- Potatoes, cut into chunks
- Salt && Pepper
Good To Have
- Slow Cooker
- Time to Kill
- Bread && Butter
- Sprinkle the roast all over with 2 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper.
- Coat in flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the roast to the skillet and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes, turning as needed.
- Transfer the roast to the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker, along with all other ingredients.
- Cook on High for 8 Hrs or Until Meat is Tender
I know what when you read the recipe attached you’re going to see a bunch of ingredients missing and I didn’t make it step by step as instructed.
I was in such a rush the day I made it (for a bunch of our clients) that I was thinking like all good slow cooker meals you just put it all in there and go about your day. Not so much.
I did brown the meat, I always do that just to add another layer of flavor, but I didn’t make the roux (which I should have realized was missing since you want it to become a gravy) and it still came out awesome.
I added some red potatoes (since I bought some thinking it was in the recipe) and that helped to make the gravy thicker than it would have been without the roux.
Share this Post